Thursday, January 21, 2010

UPDATE: Borders Cat





Remember the cat found outside of Borders bookstore on a freezing night in early December? We managed to catch that cat and get her off the street.

We were afraid Borders Cat was pregnant. Renamed Emily Dickenson (a bookish name, after all), she was rushed off to the clinic by her fostermom for a quick spay. As it turned out, Emily Dickenson was not pregnant ... because she was a man, baby!

After a name change to Artful Dodger -- Artie for short -- fostermom Sue writes that kitty is "doing great, sweet and adorable, affectionate, but still freaks out when another person is introduced. He really needs to be better socialized with other humans. He likes to cuddle with my slipper. :-). He is so much fun, I can play with him for hours."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dunno, looks like another "Happy Cat Update" to me.

Ruth said...

Artie has such a nice coat and is so much more kittenish in these pix than he looked when we first met him near Borders ...

James Mitchell said...

What a handsome boy, and quite a match in body and color for my beloved one time stray, Trudy. I may need to meet Artie.

Laura C. said...

Awww, look how that handsome boy is enjoying his home with Sue. I'm so happy that I was able to get in touch with Hyde Park Cats to get him off the street. You guys are AWESOME!!! My feet were numb the rest of the night after hours in the cold outside of Borders, and it was SO worth it!