Saturday, October 23, 2010

black cat / bake sale


Today 12-4, visit us at the Chicago Costume shop ... corner of 53rd and Lake Park (kittycorner from Borders). The store has graciously donated the space to us. Come buy one of our home-baked treats (vegan available too).

We're calling this the Black Cat Bake Sale. Did you know black cats in shelters are adopted at much lower rates--leading to disproportionately high euthanasia rates for black cats? Search "black cats adoption rates" to learn more. Pictured here is Cobweb, a gorgeous sleek black cat available through our partner organization, Feline Friends.

6 comments:

Martha said...

Cobweb is phenomenally beautiful!

Lilithcat said...

Gorgeous kitty! I used to have a very pretty black cat, named Mr. Mojo (as in "I've got a black cat bone, got my mojo, too").

And I must add that the red velvet cupcakes were delish!

bundeleh said...

My black cat is Dreidl (got her near Hanukkah one year) and she's the most lusciously furred velvety cat.

Katherine said...

My black cat looks like Officer Fancypants, with the secret white spots on her belly too. I adopted her and her brother specifically because they were mostly black (he's wearing a tuxedo). I think they're both stunning, of course!

Kim said...

We have three cats, and all are black. We also have a framed sign (which I got at an art fair in Wisconsin last year) that says, "A house without a black cat is not a home." :-)

Anonymous said...

"A House Without A Black Cat" is a great slogan! - for use after Halloween of course.